The Ministry Essentials Bible, NIV is designed to equip church and parachurch leaders, missionaries, laypeople and ministry leaders of all kinds with the practical tools they need to manage everyday ministry issues. It provides busy leaders with succinct, wise, and applicable viewpoints on the most common facets of Christian leadership.
250 practical articles—written by well-known Christian leaders such as Bill Hybels, Gordon MacDonald, John and Nancy Ortberg, Billy Graham, John Stott, and Francis Chan—complement the biblical text. The articles are divided into five main themes of ministry:
- Spiritual Leadership
- Preaching, Corporate Prayer, and Discipleship
- The Leader's Spiritual Life
- Shepherding Others
- Evangelism and Social Justice
The individual articles within this Bible provide basic overviews on topics from managing and motivating volunteers, toe managing conflict, to ministering to someone with an eating disorder or post-traumatic stress disorder. This unique content is from the archives of Christianity Today is not found in any other Bibles on the market.
A practical Resource Guide provides guidance on various pastoral functions such as weddings, baptisms, and funerals.
- 250 helpful articles on ministry-related issues written by over 180 Christian leaders
- Practical resource guide with field-tested guidance on various pastoral functions such as weddings, baptism, and funerals
- Cross references
- Resource list for further reading
- Presentation page
- Book introductions and outlines
- Gold page edges
- Two ribbon markers
- Words of Jesus in readable black text
- 9-point text size—excellent for public reading
- 9.75" x 7.50" x 1.75"